Through functions such as customer demand management, MPS, MRP, and alternative material policies and based on product structure and real-time inventory data, the solution can transfer customer demands to manufacturing, procurement, and outsourcing plans, and generate MOs, purchase requests, and subcontract MOs. All these orders will serve as the basis for the operation of production and procurement departments and contribute to internal collaboration among production, supply and sales. Meanwhile, the system can break the barrier to external collaboration through processing trade network interfaces, interfaces with the PDM module and interfaces between enterprises and banks.
Business Process and Modular Functionalities
- Product data management: The system can provide master material data and manage BOMs, including configuration BOM and featured BOM. The system also supports routing management, engineering change management, and material substitution.
- Sales management: The system can process orders, delivery, goods return, invoices, and payment collection. It also processes various sales activities involving on credit sales, prices, discounts, and sales promotion to help enterprises manage logistics, capital flow, and information flow effectively during the entire sales process.
- MPS: The system provides sales forecast and offset functions. According to historical sales data, the system can forecast sales in the future and average demands during different forecast periods by the month, week, or day. Before each MPS calculation, the system needs to forecast sales and offset sales orders to avoid repeated calculations and to meet the requirements of enterprises with sales plans. The MPS can meet requirements of make-to-stock (MTS) enterprises according to forecasts only. For make-to-order (MTO) enterprises, the MPS can be fulfilled based on orders. The system provides diversified MPS parameters and flexible MPS solutions. It also provides main functions including MPS calculation, maintenance, query, result confirmation and release as well as a series of MPS adjustment suggestions.
- MRP: Based on the MPS, the system supports the fulfillment of the MRP for shorter periods. For products with simple structure and short lead time, the MRP can also be fulfilled independently. The system provides powerful functions such as MRP calculation, maintenance, query, result confirmation and release, and management of material substitution lists to help enterprises calculate the material requirements quantity and time rapidly and accurately. The system also suggests MRP advance and delay.
- Purchase management: The system generates purchase requests for raw materials according to the MPS/MRP to ensure that materials are purchased as required and demand information is transferred to the procurement procedure. The system can process operations related to purchase and payment. It can strengthen the supervision of purchase activities through functions such as automatic generation of purchase requests, vendor evaluation, purchase price management, vendor quota management, and purchase quantity control.
- MO management: The system can generate MOs for in-house parts and semi-finished products according to the MPS/MRP to ensure that demand information is transferred to the production procedure and production is arranged based on demands. The system provides functions such as the management of MO change/adjustment, simulation issue, quota material picking, and production material scrap and replenishment. It also supports visual production scheduling, MO fulfillment tracking, MO reporting, and receipt upon manufacturing completion.
- Subcontract manufacturing management: The planner determines whether in-house parts need to be subcontracted out according to the MPS/MRP. Then the planner releases subcontract MOs for parts that need to be subcontracted out and gives instructions to subcontractors. Demand information should be transferred to the production procedure. The system provides functions such as the management of subcontract MO change/adjustment, simulation issue, quota material picking, and subcontract manufacturing material scrap and replenishment. It also supports subcontract MO fulfillment tracking and receipt upon subcontract manufacturing completion.
- Shop floor management: The system helps users manage workshop floor by operation plan, operation transfer, operation dispatch, operation change and re-work management. Workflow in workshop can be customized. Besides, it also provides functions such as operation subcontract, operation scheduling and prioritization of operation tasks. It also supports tracking of workshop flow number and lot number.
- Time/Piece wage: The system calculates the time/piece wage for each worker on the basis of finished output quantity and consumed working time recorded in operations report. Therefore, the actual data of labor expenses for production can be acquired.
- WIP management: The system enables user to get grips with the stock level and trend of change of WIP from multiple dimensions. It supports WIP counting and user can adjust quantity of WIP.
- Inventory management: The system can process purchase receipt, production picking and receipt, subcontract delivery and receipt, sales delivery, and reverse activities. Additionally, the system supports special service such as OEM production and assembly, warehouse operations such as cycle counting, inventory tracking such as lot no. and S/N management, and inventory analysis such as slow-moving stock analysis and inventory ABC analysis.
- Inventory accounting: The system provides functions such as BOP inventory adjustment, adjustment of unit prices on special documents, receipt and delivery accounting, inventory depreciation reserves, voucher management, and inventory assets report analysis.
- Cost management: The system supports the management of fixed-amount cost and cost allocation criteria. It provides functions such as expense collection and allocation, and cost accounting as well as cost management tools such as cost analysis, control, assessment, forecast, decision, and break-even analysis tools. The system can also support complicated cost management such as operation cost management and daily cost management.
- Financial accounting management: The system can process accounting activities. It provides accounting functions such as voucher processing, withhold and amortization, auto-transfer, foreign exchange adjustment, and carry forward profit and loss. Additionally, the system provides financial management functions such as budgetary accounts, calculation of accrued interest, current accounting, and cash flow tables. The system can strengthen the lean management of corporate business through the integrated financial management functions such as automatic financial accounting, fixed assets management, current account management, and capital management.